Dr. Heidi Seifert is a respected pain management specialist with a private practice in Bellaire to serve the entire Houston metro area. If you suffer from chronic or acute knee pain, you can get help from one of Houston’s premier pain specialists, Dr. Seifert.
What causes knee pain?
Knee pain can be the result of an injury, or due to a medical condition. Various types of damage to the joints, tendons, and cartilage can lead to significant pain, including ligament tears, torn meniscus, bursitis, tendinitis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, excess weight, or a fall or sports injury. Some knee injuries can heal with rest, exercises, and a knee brace, while others are more difficult to resolve.
Knee pain treatments in Bellaire, TX
- Phoenix Thera-Lase: A groundbreaking development in knee pain relief, this system induces reactions in the soft tissues of the knee, regenerating skin, nerve, and muscle tissue, improving blood flow, and triggering the body to produce natural pain-relieving compounds to reduce pain.
- Steroid injections: Corticosteroid injections can be delivered to the knee joint to relieve the pain associated with inflammation. Your knee will be numbed, and if extra fluid has developed around the joint, it can be extracted. If osteoarthritis has flared up, affecting the knee joint, the steroid medication offers a fast way to relieve pain, with pain relief lasting in the range of six to twelve weeks.
- Infusions: A recent discovery to treat knee pain, Infusion therapy can produce a remarkable improvement in knee pain. This cutting-edge treatment may be indicated if you suffer from inflammatory osteoarthritis in the knee.
- Plasma Rich in Growth Factors: Also referred by its acronym PRGF, is an FDA-approved medical procedure that uses a patient's own blood to aid in the healing of wounds or tissue damage. The platelets and growth factors in the patient's blood are concentrated before being injected back into the body.
- Nerve blocks: A “genicular nerve block” may be indicated as a treatment in cases of chronic knee pain, a failed knee replacement, or for patients who want to try an alternative to avoid undergoing surgery, or who are not candidates for knee replacement surgery.
- Radiofrequency ablation: This procedure disables the nerves causing knee pain and may be one aspect of a knee pain treatment.
- Regenerative treatments: Dr. Seifert offers a range of cutting-edge regenerative treatments for knee pain. Rather than focusing on pain relief, regenerative treatments are geared to restore natural tissues by triggering the body’s natural healing mechanisms. PRP injections, stem cells, other therapies are all available at her Houston offices.
- Viscosupplementation: Hyaluronic acid is injected into the joints to reduce pain and swelling. The thick, slippery fluid can allow for smooth knee motion.
How does Dr. Seifert treat knee pain?
The first step in an effective treatment for knee pain is an accurate diagnosis. Once the actual issue is identified, various treatments can help you achieve relief. Dr. Seifert offers both traditional medical treatments and regenerative treatments for knee pain – this approach can achieve a far superior outcome. She may refer you to other specialists for physical therapy, acupuncture, or chiropractic treatments when appropriate.