Board certified Dr. Seifert offers her patients advanced regenerative medicine in Houston for a range of physical conditions. Traditional pain treatments are valid and effective, but with advances in medical science, discoveries about the body’s natural healing capacity have led to a range of non-invasive, regenerative treatments. By stimulating natural healing, you can experience more significant relief from chronic pain, regenerate tissues, and restore comfort, range of motion, and function.
Traditional medicine or regenerative treatment?
If you suffer from chronic pain, you may have tried various types of treatments to bring you relief. Dr. Seifert understands that to have a happy, productive life, you must get relief. Her understanding of pain medicine covers both traditional medical treatments and the latest regenerative techniques. You are invited to discover the best pain management practice in Houston, serving Bellaire and the surrounding communities with compassion, caring, and dedication to achieving results that transform your quality of life.
Regenerative treatments for pain: Dr. Heidi Seifert
Dr. Seifert is dedicated to helping her patients achieve a significant level of pain relief at her office in Houston. She offers far more than the traditional medical treatments to resolve chronic pain and embraces the shift from the conventional to a regenerative approach, or a melding of the best of these techniques.
- PRP injections: PRP, or platelet-rich plasma, brings new hope to Houston area patients who suffer from chronic pain. Dr. Seifert offers “next generation” PRP injections, PDGF (platelet-derived growth factors). PDGF can be injected into the site of injured, inflamed tissue or painful joints to provide pain relief, soothe inflammation, and trigger natural tissue growth. Find out more about our advanced PRP injections in Houston.
- Stem cell treatments: Stem cells are a unique type of cell that can regenerate natural tissue. Our stem cell treatments are derived from bone marrow (BMAC) and your natural fat (Lipogems).
- Phoenix Thera-Lase: A recently developed, non-invasive laser therapy to treat acute and chronic pain, the Phoenix Thera-Lase system is a bio-stimulation system delivering concentrated light energy to your deeper tissue in a continuous wave for more significant therapeutic benefits.
- Prolotherapy: A non-surgical ligament and tendon reconstruction regenerative joint injection, prolotherapy works to trigger your body’s natural healing mechanisms. This treatment can repair injured, painful joints, and connective tissues.
- Viscosupplements: Hyaluronic acid, which is found naturally in the body, is injected into the joint. A thick, slippery fluid, it can relieve pain by acting as a lubricant to allow the bones to move smoothly. Dr. Seifert can inject one of two viscosupplements to provide months of relief from arthritis knee pain, either Supartz or Synvisc.
- IncrediWear: These advanced compression sleeves accelerate recovery, aid in relieving pain, and can be worn during and after activity to improve knee-related conditions.
Treating back and spinal pain with regenerative medicine
Dr. Seifert offers advanced regenerative treatments for:
- Radiculopathy: Commonly called a “pinched nerve,” radiculopathy is a condition in which the nerves are not functioning as they should, leading to chronic pain, weakness, numbness, or affect the ability to move specific muscles naturally.
- Spinal stenosis: When the spaces between the bones of the spine become narrow, pressure is put on the nerves, leading to chronic pain, most often occurring in the lower back and the neck.
- Compression fracture: Weakened vertebrae can lead to a painful fracture caused by compression.
- Nerve cysts: A nerve cyst is a fluid filled sac that can form around the roots of nerves on the spine, causing pain.
- Shingles: Shingles are triggered by the chickenpox virus, which is lying inactive in nerve tissue, and when reactivated, has excruciating symptoms, including blisters, itching, rashes, pain, burning, tingling, and other symptoms.
- Postherpetic neuralgia: A complication of shingles, postherpetic neuralgia is severe pain that continues for months after the rash of shingles has disappeared.
- Herniated disc: When the inner, softer portion of a disc (nucleus) pushes through the exterior of the disc (annulus), it causes compression on nerves, resulting in severe pain.
Why choose Dr. Seifert for regenerative treatments?
Dr. Seifert is personally committed to achieving real-world results for her Houston area patients and uses the most advanced diagnostic systems to identify the source of pain, and custom-tailor a regenerative treatment.
- We take a holistic and multidisciplinary approach to pain and work closely with other practitioners, such as physical therapists, acupuncturists, and chiropractors, to ensure you have access to every type of regenerative treatment for your pain or condition.
- We treat you with the same care and attention that we would give members of our own families.
- We are dedicated to staying ahead of the curve in the latest advances in medical science so we can provide you with the latest generation of regenerative techniques.
- We take a whole-body approach to health and medicine.