At one time, wrist injuries or damage could only be treated with surgery or reduce discomfort with pain medications. Advanced medical science has led to fresh approaches for pain relief and natural healing.
Why choose Dr. Seifert for wrist pain?
If you struggle with wrist pain or damage, you want to have access to the latest generation of treatments. Dr. Seifert has devoted her entire career to assisting people suffering from chronic or acute pain to live happier, more productive lives. Her practice offers a full scope of treatments for wrist pain or damage, including regenerative.
What do we do at our practice?
- Dr. Seifert specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic wrist pain and offers the latest evidence-based, non-surgical, minimally invasive techniques to relieve pain and improve function.
- Dr. Heidi Seifert is an interventional anesthesiologist with primary interests in diagnostic and therapeutic treatments, along with state-of-the-art regenerative techniques to promote healing and regeneration at the wrist joints.
- We believe in a holistic and multidisciplinary approach to pain, and our treatment plans may include professional referrals for physical therapy, acupuncture, pain psychology, or chiropractic treatments for a comprehensive, individualized treatment plan.
- You can expect compassion and care, and to be treated how we would treat members of our own families.
A holistic approach to wrist pain: Regenerative techniques
You may be struggling with chronic or acute wrist pain, and want to avoid surgery, pain medication, or steroid injections. While these techniques are valid, you now have new options to resolve wrist pain or damaged tendons, ligaments, or tissues. Our regenerative procedures include:
- Prolotherapy: Prolotherapy is a groundbreaking approach to restoring health and function (and reducing pain) in the wrist, hands, and fingers. The treatment involves injecting the prolotherapy substance into the injured area, triggering natural collagen production for restored health and motion.
- Stem cell treatments: Dr. Heidi Seifert offers two types of stem cell treatments, Lipogems, a system that harvests and concentrates stem cells from your own fatty tissue and BMAC (Bone Marrow Aspirate Concentrate ™) in which the stem cells are harvested from your bone marrow.
- PRP Injections: PRP (platelet-rich plasma) has been used extensively in the medical field for wound healing. Recent developments in how PRP works have led to the development of next-generation PRP, platelet-derived growth factors or PDRF. These growth factors regulate cell growth and division. Injections with PDGF can trigger natural regeneration to strengthen weakened tendons, ligaments, and tissues.
- Phoenix Thera-Lase: An innovation in pain relief and natural regeneration, Thera-Lase treatments increase nerve stimulation and correction, trigger regeneration of skin, nerve, and muscle tissue, improve blood flow to the damaged area, and stimulates your body to produce natural opiates to reduce pain, along with direct stimulation of cellular growth.