These advanced treatments provide solutions for repairing, restoring or replacing skeletal elements and tissues affected by chronic degeneration, genetic dysfunction, or acute injury of the rotator cuff and musculoskeletal structure.
Am I a candidate for these treatments?
You may be a candidate for regenerative treatments if you have sustained an injury or suffer from a chronic rotator cuff or degenerative musculoskeletal condition. Regenerative therapy may be recommended for individuals with rotator cuff tears, ligament tears, cartilage injuries, or tendon injuries of the shoulder.
What can I expect with regenerative rotator cuff and musculoskeletal treatments?
Your exact procedure will depend on your individually-tailored treatment plan. The following are some of the regenerative treatments we offer for rotator cuff and musculoskeletal conditions:
- Prolotherapy: This regenerative treatment increases inflammation temporarily to stimulate natural tissue repair. Multiple injections of an irritant, such as dextrose solution, are performed in the treatment area.
- BMAC: Bone marrow aspirate concentrate (BMAC) is a rich source of stem cells. Bone marrow is extracted from your pelvic bone through a small needle puncture and placed in a processing unit that concentrates stem cells, platelets, and growth factors from your own body. This concentrate is injected into the treatment area.
- PRP: To obtain platelet-rich plasma (PRP), we draw a small amount of your blood and process it to separate the red and white blood cells. PRP is then injected into the affected area to relieve pain and promote healing.
Why choose Dr. Seifert for regenerative rotator cuff and musculoskeletal treatments in Houston?
- Dr. Heidi Seifert treats people who are suffering from chronic or acute pain.
- She utilizes the latest evidence-based, nonsurgical, and minimally-invasive techniques to relieve pain and improve function.
- We treat our patients in the same way we would treat members of our own families.
How much recovery time is required?
One of the benefits of a regenerative rotator cuff and musculoskeletal treatments is a rapid recovery. Regenerative treatments are safe and natural, as they use your body’s own cells. Most patients can return to work the day after the procedure.
Is LIPOGEMS a regenerative rotator cuff and musculoskeletal treatment?
Yes. LIPOGEMS technology is designed for individuals with orthopedic conditions. The LIPOGEMS device harvests fat from the abdomen, cleans and processes the fat while preserving its reparative cells, and transfers it to the treatment area to provide a cushion and promote healing.